and my hilariously beautiful life...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

You couldn't hide it... even under a bushel.

Ok, first things first, men, I apologize.  This blog has momentarily taken a rather sharp turn into a DYI episode of "Martha".  So, if you want to ditch me during football/hunting season, and check back when our new home excitement has died down a bit, feel free to do so, I bear no ill will towards you.

Everybody who's still on board, check out what my little rock star and I worked on this evening.  Remember those lamps?  (I know, I know, "Again with the lamps?")






These are the ones that we liked.










These are the ones we bought at a thrift store. We were psyched and ready to refurbish....






But then, we discovered some "Mad Tea Party" furniture, which we also adored.







So, we decided to combine the two styles.




      This is what we came up with.  We don't have a lamp shade yet, but we are very happily hunting.

                




What do your kids love to do?  Dive deeply into it with them.

            






You'll be their greatest hero... I promise.





The Extroardinary Ordinary,

Me

4 comments:

  1. You are such a creative mommy I long to learn to be like that with my children;-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thrift store had cute mad furniture???
    And now I want to do some lamps!!!! SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed the blog today, please leave a comment. It's a huge ego-booster for any blogger. We are a needy bunch.