and my hilariously beautiful life...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby got Bach...

I also considered, "My man's a playa' " as a title.  And, of course I was tempted to incorporate "Air on the G string"... but in the end, even I'm not that uncouth. 
Yes, these photos are of my amazingly talented husband,
and his firstborn baby, who just turned 112 years old.  And just for fun, here is a list of things you probably don't know about him.
1.  He drinks in classical music the way I savor devil's food cake after a thirty day sugar fast.
2.  He had a cat named Beethoven.
3.  He's played in London, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Costa Rica, Mexico, India,...the list goes on.
4.  He shines that fiddle with nut oils.
5.  He hates it when I call it a fiddle.
6. His two-year-old son can correctly identify portraits of Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, & Bach.
7.  His wife cannot touch the instrument (nut allergy - She did once without thinking... puffed up like a marshmallow in the microwave).
8.  He is disgusted (but secretly loves her simplicity) when after a moving performance of "Schindlers List", his wife requests "Turkey in the Straw".
9.  His social security and bank account numbers are... Wait, I hear something... Oh, it's just Bette Erjudgement again.  (I wish she'd stop calling after nine, It's rude.)
10.  The author of The Exraordinary Ordinary Me is eagerly awaiting his arrival this evening.
11.  He is playing at the SYNERGY meeting Tues. Sept. 28, 2010
12.  He has a rockin' blog (which is where you'll have to find your spiritual lesson today.)
and lucky number thirteen...
HE'S MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER.


Had to write about what was on my mind, I guess.

The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."
                                     - Victor Borge

Have a wonderful day!

Mrs.  Totallygiftedmusician

P.S.  He's been practicing something called, "Overture zur Oper ,,Die Zauberflote"... I know, right?

8 comments:

  1. After reading your blog post about me, I see now I never realized how cool I am. I'm humbled.

    That was a joke, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard him practice once and wo, it blew me away. When she says he is talented, it is not just because she is his wife and has to say it. Definatly true. If anyone ever has the chance to hear him play...my advice...DO NOT PASS IT UP. You will not regret it....smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband plays violin so beautifully. These pictures are awesome as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That was a great post. I know him a little and I want to hear him play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it Bach or Beethoven that wrote, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"? I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I wanted to learn Violin. I figured, "I play classical piano..the Violin I can concur!" and after 3 months of lessons and I still sounded worse than the 5 year old who took class before me, I turned in my strings and bow and stuck with Ebony & Ivory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos, stunning Mrs., stunning and gifted musician!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was extraordinary sister! your humor never seizes to amaze me! (look, a sentence with two 'z's in it, lol)......and i thoroughly enjoyed the facts you shared! i'm blogging again now and appreciate really good ones so i'm adding you to my 'follow' list! love ya!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed the blog today, please leave a comment. It's a huge ego-booster for any blogger. We are a needy bunch.